I came up with this one night and my family loves it. I have made it 2 x now and this has become a staple in our house 🙂 I hope y’all enjoy it as much as my guys do. … Continue reading
- 2 lbs ground beef browned
- 2 to 3 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can 10 ounces tomatoes
- 1 can 15.5 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup water plus minimum required by your pressure cooker manufacturer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- This recipe requires the pot in pot method. If you do not have a pot to place inside the pressure cooker pot, create a sling/pot using aluminum foil.
- Add one cup of water and a trivet in your pot, Place your pan on the trivet using a foil sling.
- To the sling/pot, place potatoes using salt and pepper to season well. Top with onion, cooked ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. Add 1/4 cup water over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual or pressure cook setting for 30 minutes. Carefully use the quick release to depressurize the cooker. Stir the casserole.
- Cover with cheese and replace the lid until melted. Serve.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
RICH & CREAMY MASHED POTATOES MADE ALL IN YOUR INSTANT POT…START TO FINISH IN UNDER 30 MINUTES. I AM IN CALIFORNIA AND MY COUSINS ORDERED ONE AND I MADE THESE IN THEM FOR THEM AND THEY LOVED THEM, THEY WERE UNSURE ABOUT HOW TO USE ONE AND AFTER I SHOWED THEM THEY WERE SO EXCITED TO TRY MORE RECIPES 🙂 MY COUSIN LORIE IS SO EMPRESSED HOW QUICK AND EASY IT WAS TO MAKE THEM AND HOW AMAZING THEY TASTED. IF YOU DON’T OWN ONE I SUGGEST YOU GET ONE 🙂 YOU WONT REGRET IT AT ALL!! GET YOUR INSTANT POT HERE ON AMAZON.
NOW ON TO THE RECIPE 😀
- 1 cup water
- 4 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additional salt & pepper to taste
Place water and peeled potatoes into the Instant Pot
Stir in garlic, salt and pepper
Close and seal instant pot and set on High for 10 minutes
Once done cooking quick release the steam
Add in butter, 1/2 cup milk and sour cream
Mash with a hand masher until desired consistency is reached, or use a hand mixer for more of a whipped potato
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed
Serve and ENJOY!