I came up with this one night and my family loves it. I have made it 2 x now and this has become a staple in our house 🙂 I hope y’all enjoy it as much as my guys do. 🙂 This recipe can also be doubled easily, the first time I made it I did and I had a lot of leftovers and I feed 4 men 🙂
- 3 boneless Skinless Chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of fajita or taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 package of rice a Roni the Spanish kind
- 1 can black beans
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
- your favorite taco toppings
What you need
- Put the IP on Sautee mode and add a little olive oil and saute the chicken till brown. Remove from IP (see note)
- In order put the following into the Instant Pot DO NOT STIR:
- 1 cup water, the chicken, sprinkle your fajita or taco seasoning on the chicken, 1 can diced tomatoes, package of rice, can of black beans, fill up the tomato can with the chicken broth and add, then sprinkle the seasoning package from the rice over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release and Stir everything together, add 1 cup of cheese and stir.
- Place in bowls top with your favorite taco topping like sour cream, cheese, olives, green onions, hot peppers etc
NOTE: I have also made this with my chicken frozen and skipped the browning of the chicken works really well also and is cooked through and not pink. I have made it with the fajita and again with the taco seasoning they are both very good 🙂