- 2 lbs ground beef browned
- 2 to 3 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can 10 ounces tomatoes
- 1 can 15.5 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup water plus minimum required by your pressure cooker manufacturer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- This recipe requires the pot in pot method. If you do not have a pot to place inside the pressure cooker pot, create a sling/pot using aluminum foil.
- Add one cup of water and a trivet in your pot, Place your pan on the trivet using a foil sling.
- To the sling/pot, place potatoes using salt and pepper to season well. Top with onion, cooked ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. Add 1/4 cup water over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual or pressure cook setting for 30 minutes. Carefully use the quick release to depressurize the cooker. Stir the casserole.
- Cover with cheese and replace the lid until melted. Serve.