Nothing better than cooking with fresh Lemons, This recipe is easy and the taste is amazing. You can also make this with sugar substitute and low-fat cream cheese. If you are a Lemon lover, then you will love this recipe 🙂
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
I made these yesterday, they are awesome and easy to whip up. For all my Lemon Lovers
- 2 8 oz packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 Lemons zested and juiced
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching to the edges.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 heaping teaspoon of lemon zest and set aside.
- Mix the rest of the zest of and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar into lemon zest mixture using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; spread over crescent roll dough layer.
- Unroll the second can of crescent roll dough and layer over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer. Use your sugar and lemon zest mixture and it sprinkle over butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Lift from baking dish using foil; transfer to a cutting board leaving it in the foil. Cut into squares and return to the baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.Enjoy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!