Copycat Longhorn Honey Oat Bread
I make my dough in a bread machine but I bake it in the oven will post the steps how to make this if you don’t have a bread machine
What you need
* 1 warm cup warm buttermilk (see note)
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* ⅓ cup honey
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ½ cup heaping of rolled oats
* 1⅓ cups white flour
*1 cup whole wheat
* 1 package of active dry yeast
DIRECTIONS For Bread Machine :
1. Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the dough setting
2. Once done, take the dough out and form into a loaf and place into a greased loaf pan.
3. Place a dishtowel over top and let it rise for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350F and bake until the bottom of the loaf(s) sound hollow when tapped, 30-40 minutes.
Directions if you don’t have a bread machine :
1. Combine yeast, water & sugar in a bowl. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, until foamy.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Add anything cold or hot last. Knead for 8-10 minutes.
3. Cover the dough with a tea towel and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place until it’s doubled in size – about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
4. Place the dough on a floured surface. Punch it down to release any air bubbles within and separate into your loaf(s).
5. Knead gently 4-6 times to help distribute the yeast and shape into a loaf.
6. Place the loaf into greased pans and cover with a tea towel. Allow the dough to rise in a warm, draft-free place until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
7. Bake at 350F until the bottom of the loaf(s) sound hollow when tapped, 30-40 minutes.
NOTE: I make my own buttermilk its much easier and cheaper 1 cup of milk add 1 tsp of white vinegar, stir and let stand for 10 min.